FIRST is partnering with nearly 200 Colleges and Universities who are making available $30+ million in scholarship opportunities specifically for FIRST Alumni. At the FTC West Super-Regional you will have an opportunity to check-out few of those fine institutes such as Harvey Mudd, Illinois Institute of Technology, and Yale. Representatives from these institutes will be available to answer questions the students may have additionally they will be able to provide information about college admission process.
Scholarship Row @ FTCWest Super-Regional
Saturday, March 11th from 10:00 AM through 4:00 PM at the Exhibit Hall
FIRST Scholarship Program
It is a partnership between FIRST and Colleges/Universities or other entities (Scholarship Providers) who make available exclusive scholarships to the FIRST Community. The Scholarship Providers make available post-secondary scholarships specifically for youth participants or alumni on high school FIRST teams (FIRST Tech Challenge & FIRST Robotics Competition). Please note that the Scholarship Providers set their own Scholarship Opportunities and application criteria/deadlines. For list of available scholarship opportunities check out here.
FIRST alumni’s make up:
- ~ 10% of the 2016 incoming Freshman class at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- 10% of the 2016 incoming Freshman class at Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE)
- 14% of the 2016 incoming Freshman class at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
- 36% of the 2016 incoming Freshman class at Olin College of Engineering
- 21% of the 2015 incoming Freshman class at Kettering University
- 30% of the 2015 incoming Freshman class at Capitol Technology Institute